Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 3 I Think Im Falling In Love


This morning I work up and enjoyed a delicious buffet breakfast at my hotel. I was anxious to start exploring the beautiful city of Lviv so I set out to the historical city center which was rite outside the front doors of my hotel. I’m walking in the Ploscha Rynok Market Square and admiring the architectural beauty of all the cathedrals surrounding me. I haven’t been here for a full day yet and my camera is already full. I’m heading down the main street which is Nezalezhnosti St. which is full of many locals walking around and they all seem friendly. There are many bars, cafes and restaurants in this part of town and the air smells delicious so I will have to stop for lunch soon. I had lunch at the Restaurant Belvedere in the city center, the food was well prepared and delicious. I am now on my guided evening tour of the Lviv historical museum. It’s even more interesting than I had imagined. I feel like I can really visualize and trace the historical past of the town of Lviv and the lands of Galicia from olden times to modern days. After this tour I will be taking a short taxi ride to the Zolotyi Vepr restaurant where I will enjoy some of the best European and Ukrainian cuisine which is included in my package.

No comments:

Post a Comment