Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 9 Yalta Has Won Me Over


I'm in front of the world known Livadia Palace in Yalta, site of the 1945 Yalta Conference between Roosevelt, Stalin and Churchill. This building is actually made out of white Crimean granite and is so unique to see. I can't believe I've came such a long way and am now standing directly in front of this beautiful landmark. It really is huge and i feel so tiny in front of it as its shadows over power me.

This day won't stop getting better. I'm now at the Nikita Botanical Garden featuring 20,000 plant species. I'm walking around and I'm so lost in all the wonderful colors surrounding me. The fresh water is dripping off the plants into my palm and it's almost as if the plants are talking too me. I've seen the famous flowers of Ukraine such as the Camomile's, Azalea's and the Orchid's and there's still so much more to see. Every turn in this garden reveals something new to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment